Marriage Registration

In order for the marriage officiated in the USA to be entered in the Register of Vital Records of the mutual residence or residence of one of the spouses in Serbia, it is necessary to provide the following documents:

Required documents





Completed request form (MSWORD or PDF format). Signature of the applicants must be notarized by the Notary Public






Completed statemenet of spouses (form MS WORD or PDF format). Signature of the spouses must be notarized by the Notary Public






Original U.S. Marriage Certificate, which is verified with an Apostille at the Office of Secretary of State - Office for Authentication Documents in the state in which the marriage was officiated






Translation of the Marriage Certificate and Apostille into Serbian






Photo-copy of the Citizenship Certificate for both spouses






Photo-copy of the passport for both spouses






Money Order in the amount of $24 payable to the Consulate General of Serbia as a fee for the marriage registration






contact: phone number, address and e-mail






If you are applying by mail, send one self-addressed prepaid envelope.


Annotation: If this is not first marriage for the spouses, it is necessary to submit the Birth Certificate from the Office of Vital Records in the Republic of Serbia, in which under "annotations" it states that the previous marriage has been dissolved.

Incomplete applications will not be accepted and they will be returned to the applicant at their expence.

For additional information, please contact us by e-mail or by phone.